LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Characters
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 includes 82 unlockable characters. The game also lets you make your own customized characters using the Character Creator. Unlike LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, this game has no secret characters.
When you first open each playset you'll control Indiana Jones and one other character. As you progress through the game, you'll unlock new characters. Some cost nothing and simply appear on the hub map alongside Indy. Some characters must be bought with studs or won by beating vehicle races or other challenges before they can be used.
All of the characters you've unlocked so far are shown on the Playset Menu as well as on the Pause Menu in each hub. For details about where each character can be found, see the Characters section of each hub walkthrough.
You'll nearly always control two characters at a time. In a single-player game, you can switch between characters by pressing the Free Tag button. In a co-op game, one player controls each character. Player 2 can join or drop out at any time, even in the middle of a level. (See Controls and Menus.)
Character choice varies by level type:
- In each story's hub map, you can switch among all the characters you've unlocked so far. Just have the character you're currently controlling approach any other playable character and press Free Tag.
- Story Level characters are assigned automatically when you enter the level and make sense according to the plot.
- Treasure Levels let you choose which characters to use. They often require characters with special equipment or abilities, which you may not have right away. If you enter a Treasure Level and see a message on screen saying you need different characters, just exit and return later once you've unlocked them.
- Bonus and Super Bonus levels automatically give you the characters you'll need.
Character Abilities [jump to top]
Some characters have special tools or abilities that allow them to do things other characters can't. Unlocking characters with a variety of skills and equipment will enable you to reach new areas on the hub maps, complete certain levels and also have more fun. After all, who wouldn't want the chance to play as a favorite movie hero or villain?
The special abilities are as follows:
- Academic – Characters with this ability can solve hieroglyph puzzles which open certain doors. You can recognize these people by the brown books they carry.
- Excavate – Characters with this ability always carry a shovel. They can dig in the ground to unearth buried objects. Some levels include shovels that any character can pick up. Spots that can be excavated are indicated by sparkles on the ground. When you see one of these areas, stand near it holding a shovel and press the Use button to dig.
- High Jump/Super Jump – All female characters have the ability to jump higher than their male counterparts. In a few areas, trampolines and awnings allow any character to reach higher areas, but women are always better jumpers. A swirling flower marker on the ground means a high jump is necessary.
- Repair – Characters with this ability carry a wrench all the time. They can use it as a weapon, but it also comes in handy for fixing broken machines. Other characters can gain this ability temporarily by finding and picking up a wrench. Then just approach a machine with smoke and sparks coming out of it and press the Use button.
- Repel Insects – This ability can only be used by a character who possesses the crystal skull, which wards off swarms of ants, scorpions or other critters.
- Security Clearance – Certain areas can only be entered by uniformed soldiers. When a character with this ability approaches a guard post and knocks, he will be allowed inside.
- Small Size – A few characters are able to fit through special hatches due to their tiny size. There is no way for larger characters to use this ability.
- Thuggee Chant – In the Temple of Doom levels, you'll encounter various cultists known as Thuggees. They have the ability to activate Kali statues in order to open secret doors and such.
- Weapons – While not exactly a special ability, some characters carry particular weapons that not only make them better in combat but also help solve puzzles and reach new areas. For example, pistols can be used to shoot targets; swords can cut ropes and cables; bazookas and grenades can destroy shiny, silver objects; spears can sometimes be poked into walls and used to climb, and so on. Many levels include weapons that any character can pick up.
Phobias [jump to top]
Certain characters have fears that prevent them from entering particular areas. For example, as anyone who's seen the movies knows, Indiana Jones is afraid of snakes, Mutt Williams and Willie Scott are creeped out by bugs. When you come to an infested area, find a flaming torch to clear the critters from your path, use a different character to hit them, or find another way around.
One of the game's unlockable Extras is the "Fearless" special ability. When turned on, all characters' phobias vanish.
Outfits/Clothing [jump to top]
As you play through each story, you'll notice that the main characters' outfits will sometimes change, but there is only one unlockable version of each character in each story. For example, although Indy wears his desert and army disguses at various points during Raiders of the Lost Ark, the only unlockable Indy in that story is the one with the Fedora hat and leather jacket. Also, there is no way to switch outfits except by playing through a story.
Custom Characters [jump to top]
The Creator playset includes a Character Creator tool to make customized LEGO minifigures with the features, weapons and accessories you want. Unfortunately you can't take custom characters into the other playsets, but you can use them in any of the levels you create yourself. For details, see the Character Creator page.
Character List [jump to top]
|Agent||Pistol||—||Crystal Skull 1||25,000|
|Agent Spalko||Sword||High Jump||Crystal Skull 3||1,000,000|
|Bazooka Trooper (Crusade)||Bazooka||Security Clearance||Last Crusade||30,000|
|Bazooka Trooper (Raiders)||Bazooka||Security Clearance||Raiders||30,000|
|Belloq (Priest)||Staff of Ra||—||Raiders||500,000|
|Brawler||—||—||Crystal Skull 1||20,000|
|British Commander||Bazooka||—||Temple of Doom||30,000|
|Cemetery Warrior||Spear||—||Crystal Skull 2||20,000|
|Cemetery Warrior King||—||—||Crystal Skull 2||25,000|
|College Female||—||High Jump||Crystal Skull 1||30,000|
|Colonel Dietrich||Bazooka||Security Clearance||Raiders||75,000|
|Colonel Vogel||Pistol||Security Clearance||Last Crusade||50,000|
|Coronado Sailor||Wrench||Repair||Last Crusade||25,000|
|Dancing Girl||Perfume||High Jump||Temple of Doom||25,000|
|Donovan||Machine Gun||—||Last Crusade||500,000|
|Dovchenko||Chain Whip||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 2||500,000|
|Elsa||—||High Jump||Last Crusade||Story|
|Enemy Guard||Pistol||Security Clearance||Last Crusade||15,000|
|Enemy Officer (Desert)||Grenades||Security Clearance||Raiders||25,000|
|Enemy Pilot||Pistol||None||Last Crusade||20,000|
|Enemy Soldier (Desert)||Pistol||Security Clearance||Raiders||15,000|
|Enemy Soldier (Machine Gun)||Machine Gun||Security Clearance||Last Crusade||20,000|
|General Ross||Bazooka||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 1||35,000|
|Grail Knight||Sword||—||Last Crusade||45,000|
|Greaser||—||—||Crystal Skull 1||15,000|
|Hangar Guard||Pistol||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 1||15,000|
|Hatay King||Sword||—||Last Crusade||25,000|
|Henry Jones||Book||Academic||Last Crusade||Story|
|Indiana Jones||Whip||—||Raiders, Last Crusade,
Temple of Doom
|Indiana Jones (Crystal Skull)||Whip||—||Crystal Skull 1, 2 & 3||Story|
|Indiana Jones (Dinner Suit)||Whip||—||Temple of Doom||Story|
|Indian Farmer||—||—||Temple of Doom||20,000|
|Interdimensional Being||Crystal Skull||Repel Insects||Crystal Skull 3||1,500,000|
|Janitor||Broom||—||Crystal Skull 1||Story|
|Lao Che||Machine Gun||—||Temple of Doom||50,000|
|Mac||Pistol||—||Crystal Skull 1, 2 & 3||Story|
|Maharajah||Black Sleep||Small Size, Thuggee Chant||Temple of Doom||Story|
|Major Toht||Machine Gun||—||Raiders||50,000|
|Mannequin Boy||—||—||Crystal Skull 1||7,000|
|Mannequin Girl||—||High Jump||Crystal Skull 1||7,000|
|Mannequin Man||—||—||Crystal Skull 1||10,000|
|Mannequin Woman||—||High Jump||Crystal Skull 1||10,000|
|Marion (Crystal Skull)||—||High Jump||Crystal Skull 2 & 3||Story|
|Market Trader||—||—||Crystal Skull 2||20,000|
|Mola Ram||Black Sleep||Thuggee Chant||Temple of Doom||500,000|
|Mutt||Wrench||Repair||Crystal Skull 1, 2 & 3||Story|
|Oxley||Crystal Skull||Repel Insects||Crystal Skull 2 & 3||Story|
|Panama Hat Man||Machine Gun||—||Last Crusade||50,000|
|Pankot Assassin||Sword||Thuggee Chant||Temple of Doom||20,000|
|Patient||—||—||Crystal Skull 2||15,000|
|Peru Nurse||—||High Jump||Crystal Skull 2||25,000|
|Russian Digger||Shovel||Excavate||Crystal Skull 1||30,000|
|Russian Grenadier||Grenades||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 2||30,000|
|Russian Machine Gunner||Machine Gun||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 3||20,000|
|Russian Officer||Bazooka||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 2 & 3||30,000|
|Russian (U.S. Disguise)||Pistol||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 1||15,000|
|Sallah (Fez)||Shovel||Excavate||Last Crusade||Story|
|Shanghai Hoodlum||Pistol||—||Temple of Doom||15,000|
|Short Round||Wrench||Repair, Small Size||Temple of Doom||Story|
|Soldier||Pistol||Security Clearance||Crystal Skull 2 & 3||15,000|
|Stanforth||Book||Academic||Crystal Skull 1||40,000|
|Taylor||Pistol||—||Crystal Skull 1||20,000|
|Thuggee||Sword||Thuggee Chant||Temple of Doom||15,000|
|Thuggee Acolyte||Spear||Thuggee Chant||Temple of Doom||25,000|
|Ugha Assassin||Blowgun||—||Crystal Skull 3||30,000|
|Ugha Digger||Shovel||Excavate||Crystal Skull 3||15,000|
|Ugha King||Golden Spear||—||Crystal Skull 3||25,000|
|Ugha Warrior||Spear||—||Crystal Skull 3||20,000|
|Village Elder||Book||Academic||Temple of Doom||75,000|
|Willie||Perfume||High Jump||Temple of Doom||Story|
|< < < Controls and Menus||Top of Page||Vehicles > > >|